Friday, July 3, 2015

Sketch and Color Challenges

Hi  today's card combines the Retro Sketches #170 sketch, and the Simon Says Stamp Flickr Group Challenge #22 Colors of the Rainbow.

I grabbed those fabulously rich in pigment Kuretaki Gansi Tambi water colors and made a diagonal rainbow. I put it aside to dry, and worked on the other elements of the sketch, some white twine, a vellum white embossed sentiment by Simon Says Stamp - Big Scripty Greetings (I have to say these are fabulous for this purpose, they are wide letters lots of places to hide glue!). I wanted to make my water color background feel very artsy, so I die cut it with the Spellbinders Deckled Rectangle Die.  I grabbed a few coordinating sequins and matted it on black for an extra bit of pop.

Thanks for stopping by.

Made for these Challenges:



Simon Says Stamp Flickr #22

2 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

You make it sound so easy :) I love the diagonal colors of the rainbow and the vellum panel is perfection! Awesome card, Cat!

Greta said...

Those watercolors are so brilliant & beautiful--love this card, Cat!