Saturday, July 4, 2015

Inky Paws - Birthday Theme

I am in need of birthday cards, so I was happy to see the latest inky paws challenge at Newton's Nook is a Birthday theme.  I was inspired by the pinks and yellows in the inspiration photo below.


Smaller images always confound me on A2 sized cards...so I make a smaller stage for them.  The misty really helped on the sentiment placement here. I wanted it to run off the die cut circle, but did not want to stamp it twice and try to get the die cut glued down in just the right place.  The misty allowed me to stamp it a couple of times with versifine ink and its perfectly set on both the card base and the die. I used two sets from Newtons - Simply Sentimental, and Basket of Wishes, coloring was done with the Zig real color brush pens. The small bow is from Memory Box,a nd the papers are Stampin Up.

Inky Paws Challenge #22 | Birthday Theme | Newton's Nook Designs

Thanks for stopping by!


6 comments:

Jean said...

What a wonderful summer-themed card!

Greta said...

Sweet card--love how you used the sentiment stamp, Cat!

Martha said...

Cat, this is so adorably SWEET.

Barb Ghig said...

Love your off-set circle and how you stamped your sentiment...so perfect with your lovely basket of flowers, Cat!

Unknown said...

This is so very pretty! Love your sweet little basket!!

Jennifer Jackson said...

Nice job! Very clean and simple! I too am ALWAYS in need of birthday cards!! Thanks so much for playing along with our inky paws challenge at Newton's Nook Designs!