Monday, July 20, 2015

Becca's Mood Board

I follow Becca Cruger's blog and I absolutely wanted to play in her birthday mood board challenge.

 

My inspiration is from the pillow and the lower right distressed paint photos.



I started with watercolor paper and created a backdrop with some blues. After it dried I added some light green leaf shapes with a stencil and embossing paste.  The flower image panel was roughed up on the edges and crinkled a bit. I stamped some random words from a hero arts stamp set in coordinating colors.  Becca and I exchanged a few supplies recently, and I used a bit of the lace she sent up in the corner.  To anchor it down, I used my beloved purple button, that I have been holding on to FOREVER...it just seemed to me it belongs on the card.  This attempt at mixed media/distress is not my comfort zone at all, but it was a lot of fun trying to mix the simple flower with a rougher style.  Happy Belated Birthday Becca, thanks for the fun challenge.

ETA: Adding this to the  Mixed Media Challenge - Blue Thanks Becca for the suggestion.

Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

Greta said...

Wow--what a great creation, Cat! Love how you were interpreted--beautiful background!

Becca Cruger said...

Awwww... sniff* I got a little teary-eyed. I haven't been able to bring myself to use my Gram's lace yet, but I wanted to send you some because I thought it might inspire me to do so. :) That inky blue background is just divine and the texture paste is a lovely accent. I'm glad you had fun stepping outside of your comfort zone and THANK YOU for helping to make my birthday month so awesome by linking up to my Birthday Bash. :D

Becca Cruger said...

P.S. - you TOTALLY could link this up to the Mixed Media Card Challenge. :) http://themixedmediacardchallenge.blogspot.com/2015/07/mmcc-13-blue.html

SewPaperPaint said...

This turned out fantastic, looks like you're a pro to me! Love this card!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Stunning card! Fabulous background and lots of wonderful elements - especially the button and lace! Thanks for sharing at the MMCC!

Elina Stromberg said...

Gorgeous card and such a great take on our 'Blue' challenge. Love it!
Thanks for playing with us at MMCC. Hoping to see you with us again in August! ♥

sannalippert said...

great card! thanks for playing along with us in July :)