Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Beat the bell

http://onlinecardclasses.com/CS4/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/CS4_participant.png
I beat the bell on the closing of this class by a few days.  I had a hard time getting my mojo going. The class is great, the videos are great...my mojo was lacking in trying to turn these styles into Valentines for my stash that needs to be mailed by next Monday.  Tonight I finally tackled days 5, 6 and bonus 7.  I am just not a clean and simple card maker.

This is the Day 7, It was one stamp used 3 ways. I didn't elect to get the stamp set, so instead I chose to go with Jennifer McGuire's sample because I loved the design.  There are two toned embossed letters across the heart. Liquid Platinum on the white portion and darker red on the heart.  I used three stamp sets - PTI Hugs, Amuse Say it with Style, Simon Says Stamp Chalkboard Love. Papers are by Amuse and Stampin UP.

The next two cards are from Day 6, it was about making cards with 5 items (other than the cardstock).  I kept pretty close to the 5. I really enjoyed the tutorial on coloring vellum.
   
This had colored vellum with an ink pad, rubbing alcohol, and perfect pearls. The die is from Simon Says Stamp -Heart Parade. Sentiment is from Simon's as well from the Valentine Spoons set. Sequins is from Ellen Hutson. The die is offset just a bit to create a shadow. This was time consuming, and I would pick a heavier lined die if I attempted it again.

These inked diagonal shadow lines...great concept tough for me to execute.  I stacked the glitter hearts with vellum ones as well. Papers are DCVW and Stampin Up.  Stamps were Hero Arts Envelope Pattern and Simon Says Stamp's Chalkboard Love.

Day 5, yes I have gone backwards here, because this one is my favorite of the bunch.  I was not fond of it while I was making it.  But man o man when it dried...yummy soft pink heaven. This was a new technique for me, using baby wipes to make an inkpad.  I only had thick ones with patterns, but with the stamp I used it didn't matter.  And I confess I was too lazy to go dig out my reinkers so I used ink sprays in purple, pink and orange.  It worked fine.

My stamp is the big dotted heart from Chalkboard Love by Simon Says Stamp, and the Sentiment is also SSS- Valentine spoons.  Dies used were from SSS - Love, Holiday Shapes, Quick Cutz-Celebrate. The dies were all brushed with clear wink of stella and then covered with glossy accents.

Now a midnight snack with hubs, maybe the Amazing Race Season 2 finale and then off to bed.

Thanks for hanging out and taking a look at my homework!








5 comments:

joy said...

Glad you were able to finish the class, Cat! I am not good at keeping up with them, so didn't sign up. These cards are great - the last one is so pretty!!

Becca Cruger said...

Wow! For not "being a clean and simple designer" you sure made some stunning cards. I think my favorite of the bunch is that last one with the multi colored dotted hearts. I can totally understand, thought, how designing outside your realm can be a challenge, but kudos to you for exercising your crafty muscles!

Leslie Hanna said...

Once again, you've nailed them. I've still done nothing. Nada. Zip. Oh, well. I admire that you keep going even though this isn't your style. That's the tough part!

Sally said...

I'm not a CAS cardmaker either, Cat. I like "stuff" way too much! Your designs are incredible! My fave is the one using the Heart Parade die - so elegant, pink and silver just sing to me! Congrats on keeping up with the home work and pressing onward. You did great!

Greta said...

These came out great, Cat! I love the last one--never heard of that technique--& the second one is just beautiful!