Thursday, January 22, 2015

Two more for the Stash



Hi!  It was snowing here in Maryland while I made cards, so I decided to work on the Christmas card challenges that I am participating in.  And as luck would have it one card also was inspired by a third challenge.

So here we go, first up is my card with the layout design is inspired by Muse #101's card by Marion Vagg.  I stamped and embossed my sentiment, then masked off the top and bottom so I could randomly stamp snowflakes - the optional twist for One Layer Christmas Cards.  Each snowflake was heat embossed and then flakes which showed their centers got a rhinestone. I rounded only the top corners for my card.



Supplies:
Cardstock - Simon Says Stamp
Stamps - Hero Arts Swirl Christmas
Embossing powders - Stampendous Winter Wonderland, Hero Arts - Silver
Rhinestones - Stampin Up



Next up, I made a card for Merry Monday #142 House(s).

I love teal and red together.  I scrambled through my stamps and found a house.  I first die cut my tag, then stamped it, then dry embossed it.  There was no hole in the die cut tag so I used a small round punch.  I added ribbon, twine and  a  Merry die cut before adding red Wink of Stella to the door and light bulbs.  I put down a very pale shake of pink on the house front so it wasn't just a bunch of white. Then I popped it up with foam tape on a teal and white dotted card base.

Supplies:
Cardstock - Stampin Up Whisper White,  A Muse Petite Dotted, a scrap of red
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Red Wink of Stella
Colored Pencils - Artist's Loft
Embossing Folder - Provo Craft Swiss Dots
Stamp - Hero Arts Wishes Come True
Die - Simon Says Stamp Merry Christmas, Pretty Pink Posh - Stitched Duo 3
Ribbon - A Muse , Twine - Lawn Fawn


Thanks for stopping by.  Click on the picture to go to the challenge!



Muse #101, Marion Vagg

One Layer Christmas Card Challenge


Merry Monday Challege #142








17 comments:

Gillian R said...

so pretty and delicate

Kim M said...

Your one layer card is just so lovely. You know I adore CAS designs and this one is great! Love the rounded corners on top and the added bling. So happy to see you joining us over at OLCCC! :-)

Betty said...

both cards are great - especially love the snowflakes on the pale grey!

Kristie Goulet said...

Great cards! I love your tag with the sentiment framing the house. Great job. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

Katie Melhus said...

This is super cute, love the tag you made and how it pops against that backgound paper :) Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

Becca Cruger said...

Teal and red is one of my favorite color combos and you've totally done it justice. I love both of your simple designs.

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful cards, Cat! I love your take on Marion's Muse card...your embossed snowflakes are so pretty, and I love that it's a one layer card! Your tag on the 2nd card is really charming with the polka dot background, too!

Vickie Y said...

Love the design of your one layer snowflake card. Thank you for sharing with us at OLCCC.

Greta said...

Great cards, Cat! I really love the tag on the teal dotted card!

Alison said...

Love the colors are your card. Great job!

Nonni said...

Very elegant color palette and your embossed snowflakes turned out great! Thanks for joining us at OLCC!

Ardyth said...

Lovely cards, Cat! I love the snowflakes on the silver - so elegant! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

Meg said...

This is just beautiful - I love the simplicity of it.

Wendy said...

Both cards are very pretty, Cat! Love the little house tag and the pretty dotted cardbase! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

Lee-Anne said...

Love the snowflakes on the gray background...great masking, Cat! So happy you could join us at the One Layer Christmas card challenge!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Fantastic cards, looks like you are adding to your Christmas collections nicely!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

Deanne :)

Leslie Hanna said...

I like them both, but I'm partial to the second one. Must be the colors. I may be in a rut.