Wednesday, January 14, 2015

One Layer

Another new to me challenge is the One Layer Christmas Card Challenge. It runs bi-weekly and this is the first one of the new year. The theme is anything goes, with an optional twist of using red; the challenge runs to the 19th of January.



One layers cards are tough for me, but I thought I would give it a go.  I so loved this Lawn Fawn stamp set that I picked up during my fall trip to visit my Dad. I didn't play with it nearly enough during my Christmas Card making frenzy in November.

My images were colored with pencils and blended with gamsol. I added a bit of red WOS to my cardinal- my very favorite bird. The background was sponged and I did some masking as well. I just love that font!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps - Lawn Fawn - Joy to the woods
Inks- Memento Tuxedo Black, Simon Says Stamp - Lipstick Red,  Distress Ink - Stormy Sky
Aritist's Loft Pencils & Inky Antic's Gamsol
Red Wink of Stella


6 comments:

Kim M said...

This is an adorable card! That is a great stamp set. Love your colouring and sponging. So great to see you over at OLCCC! :-)

Vickie Y said...

Adorable images and card. Love the cardinal! Thank you for sharing with us at OLCCC.

Greta said...

Oh how I love this card, Cat! You could also enter at Merry Monday since you have a critter on your card. The 1 layer challenge is on my list for this year so I better get with it & make a card--you've inspired me!

Leslie Hanna said...

Wow, love it! This stamp set and challenge on both on my list.

Bridget Larsen said...

Love how you've given this card an almost 3D effect. Thanks for playing in OLCC challenge

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love your OLCC scene! Thanks for joining in at OLCC!