Tuesday, January 27, 2015

More Valentine Cards

As are many people, I am taking the latest Online Card Class - Clean and Simple 4 - Techniques made simple.  I will be using the techniques to further my stash of Valentine cards.

Today's lesson was about embossing, multi color embossing, shadow embossing, and creating a tile look with die embossing.  I decided to try the multi color embossing.

I started by inking my large background stamp with versamark and stamping it on to a card panel.  I cut a heart shape out of some 2 inch post it tape and taped it down over the area I did not want to cover with embossing powder.  Then I pile a soft pink embossing powder all over the card.  I set the powder by applying heat.

Once that was set, the heart mask was removed and I placed the negative around the unembossed area.  I added some deep pinky red embossing powder, and heat set that as well.  Because the pattern was a bit more open that I would have preferred, I added some pigment ink to the interior of the heart to make the shape more vivid.

A vellum strip with a silver embossed sentiment was wrapped around the panel, which was then adhered to a card base. Two thin strips of glitter paper were added as frames and the card is finished.  Is it still clean and simple?  I have no idea...but I do love this card.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps - Hero Arts Leaf and Floral Background, PTI Keep it simple Valentine mini
Cardstock - Stampin Up Whisper white, DCVW
Inks - Versamark, Mama Elephant-Lollipop
Embossing powder - Stampendous

12 comments:

Sue Ellen Sherer said...

Very elegant!

Betty said...

love your card Cat - that background is gorgeous in the pale pink!

Barb Ghig said...

You did an amazing job on this card, Cat! I love the contrast of the soft pink and deep red, and the pattern is so pretty...Stunning results!

Kari V. said...

I love it! So elegant.

ThePurplePlace said...

Beautiful Cat! Saw it in the class gallery and wanted to stop by and tell you how much I enjoyed seeing your work! Great JOB!!

Becca Cruger said...

Gorgeous! It's so classy and elegant!

cdoggett01@yahoo.com said...

This is gorgeous! Great job!!!

Greta said...

I do love this card, Cat! Surprised to find out the Versamark will emboss after having a mask on it--gotta try that!

Martha said...

WOW...this is gorgeous, Cat!
I love everything about it!
SO beautifully done!

Martha said...

WOW...this is gorgeous, Cat!
I love everything about it!
SO beautifully done!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! Great use of the background stamp...

Leslie Hanna said...

SUPER take on the homework. Mine of course failed and is in the trash. I'll try again ... another day.