Monday, January 26, 2015

Golden Hearts

I am getting a start on my Valentines.   I am using a new product to me on this card.  Its is Bo Bunny glitter paste in Gold.  It is basically clear embossing paste stuffed full of glitter.  It has and keeps more dimension than stickles, and the glitter ratio is much more dense in the paste.

I used the Simon Says Stamp stencil Falling Hearts.  I had sprayed the back of the stencil with repositional spray adhesive earlier in the fall.  For this paste it is a very good idea that the stencil is firmly against your cardstock.  That glitter does like to wander.

I spread the glitter paste along the stencil, then lifted it off.  I let it dry about 10 minutes.  Then I heat embossed the PTI sentiment in gold.   A few wraps of gold string and my card was finished.

I am submitting this card to the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Have a Heart, and the Simon Says Stamp Flickr challenge #11- Love theme.  I really got my inspiration from their challenge photo.


Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

joy said...

LOVE that glittered paste, Cat! I will be on the lookout for that. Your card is just lovely.

Greta said...

Oh boy--now I need that stencil! What a stunning card, Cat!

Virginia L. said...

Perfection! You use of glitter with the stencil is impeccable, Cat! Gorgeous! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Have A Heart” Challenge!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous card, Cat! I love all the sparkle on the hearts and the color combo is really beautiful!

Martha said...

Cat, what a SWEET card this is!
Love how you used the glittered paste with the stencil.
Beautifully done!

Martha said...

Cat, what a SWEET card this is!
Love how you used the glittered paste with the stencil.
Beautifully done!

Leslie Hanna said...

Ooooh, glitter paste. Don't need it. Nope. Don't.

And I hear you with the adhesive. Slippery paste!