Monday, January 26, 2015

Friend

The first of my valentines was made for CAS-ology week 130 - FRIEND.

It was the most fun of all the cards I made today, and I think it shows.  I started with watercolor paper, and free hand drew a heart with a wet brush.  Then I touched that space with a very wet watercolor loaded brush.  I let the color go where it wanted to inside that heart. I added a bit more clear water to help it fill out the shape.  Then I LEFT IT ALONE.

My laptop sits on a cooling pad with little fans, and that is up a bit from my table top giving me the perfect little place to slide my wet card panels. They dry more quickly than sitting in the open, and I get fewer mishaps than drying with a heat tool.



The silver embossed sentiments came next, and because white space makes me itch...I added a tiny bit more of that vibrant pinky-red by cutting a curve on my watercolor panel and mounting it onto the cardstock off set just a bit.  And, since I wanted that silver to make more of a statement  I added some glitter paper at the bottom of the card.  I am not sure if it is still a CAS card, but I do love it and I could easily reproduce it.

 

Thanks for stopping by!

ETA- also submitting to SSS Flickr challenge#11

Supplies:
Watercolor Paper - Canson
Watercolors - Koi
Embossing Powder - Hero Arts, Versa Mark Ink
Stamps - Simon Says Stamp Friendship Messages, PTI Keep it Simple Valentine Mini
Die - Simon Says Stamp A2 Card Curved Edge
Glitter Paper - DCVW

4 comments:

joy said...

A very clever way to make the heart, Cat. I may have to CASE this idea. :) Love the overall design of your card, too.

Greta said...

I love it, too! Your heart is amazing & I love the addition of the silver across the bottom--a winner, Cat!

Barb Ghig said...

Really beautiful CAS design and I love your heart, Cat!

Leslie Hanna said...

Super hand-painted heart, and I L O V E the added red curve!!!!!