Saturday, January 17, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches #169



I have been making quite a few get well cards lately. Here is the latest card.  I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches #169. I took a bit of license with it to fit my sentiment.

 I took advantage of using some patterned paper and a very simple botanical stamp to give this card a masculine feel.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Cardstock - Stampin Up - Very Vanilla; Patterned Paper - left over from a SSS card kit
Stamps - Paper Smooches - Botanicals 2; Simon Says Stamp -More Sketchy Banners
Dies - My Favorite Things - Pierced Rectangle Stax; Simon Says Stamp - Sketch Banners

Ink - Versamark; Hero Arts - Field Greens
White Embossing Powder, cream enamel dot

7 comments:

joy said...

A very pretty card, Cat!

Leslie Hanna said...

I personally love it when people switch up a sketch to make it their own. That' is such a pretty green! I'm happy I already own it or I'd need to buy it.

Jen Mitchell said...

This is so pretty. The striped paper is the perfect complement to the leafy image. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Sally said...

Beautiful monochromatic card, Cat in such a pretty shade of green. Love the use of the banner for the sentiment, too.

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is beautiful! Love that stripey DSP and the whole monochromatic feel. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

Greta said...

Lovely use of the sketch, Cat! Very peaceful & beautiful--perfect for a get-well card!

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful diagonal stripes as a background for your botanicals, and I love this shade of green! Such a lovely card for someone who is ill!