Saturday, January 24, 2015

A tag for

The Tag You're It challenge.  I am not usually a tag maker.  If I make a tag it is going to end up on a card sooner or later.  I really loved the sweet tag made by Heather Campbell, and her remake of her own tag. Click on the link above and check them out.

I inspired by the double layer, the colors, and the sweet little bow on top. 

Here is my take on the inspiration:



I cut the tag die twice, once out of card stock and once out of a small sheet of polka dotted vellum which I have been saving forever. I stamped the sentiment, then the kitty cat and the flowers.  The flowers have inverted 4 mm sequins as their centers, it adds a bit of shine. The cat was colored with pencils and blended lightly with gamsol.  The bow was cut from another scrap of heart dotted paper.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Die - Pretty Pink Posh  Stitched Duo 3
Stamps - Mama Elephant Purrfect Pair; Simon Says Stamp Sending Happy Thoughts
Inks - Memento Tuxedo Black, A Muse Grapefruit, Mama Elephant Mojito
Pencils - Artist's Loft, gamsol bottled by Inky Antics, paper stump for blending
Sequins - Pretty Pink Posh



8 comments:

Lin said...

Oh this is so cute, Cat! I love the double tag, and all the elements you pulled together for this!

Martha said...

OH MY, Cat, this just SO adorably SWEET!
Everything about it makes me smile!
And, it sure looks like "winner" to me.
BEAUTIFULLY done!

Greta said...

Absolutely darling tag, Cat! I love how you colored the kitty & the little flowers with sequin centers are perfect!

Kristi said...

aww, you tag is just the cutest!

Leslie Hanna said...

SUPER adorable!!!

Leni said...

So sweet!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my, Cat...this is absolutely darling! I LOVE the kitty and how you placed all those pretty flowers around the tag! Beautiful coloring, and I also love the vellum tag! You really nailed it with this lovely tag!!!

anja curvers said...

Ohhhh this is way to cute, love it. Thansk for joining us over at Tag you're it.