Sunday, January 11, 2015

100th Scramble

I knew I had a Hero Arts Scramble to participate in on Saturday.  I for some reason had 2 pm stuck in my head.  I slept in, and awoke around 12:30.  Before breakfasting, I decided to double check the time of the scramble, and YIKES it had started at noon.  By this time it was 12:39 - I checked the clock to see if I would have enough time to get a card put together!  After reading Barb's theme - using our favorite Hero Arts Stamp and favorite Hero Arts Sentiment...I thought I could pull something together.

Thankfully, I had some pre cut and folded card bases. I grabbed one and some vellum, some ink, some white embossing powder and three of my favorite Hero Arts stamps.



The card base was first stamped with the large background stamp.  Then the vellum was stamped with the flowers and heat embossed and then the same with the sentiment.  I masked off the portion where the sentiment was placed.

I attached the vellum to the card front with some multi matte medium under the more solid portions of the flowers.  I also added a bit to the top, and wrapped some pink hemp cord around it.  Sequins in two shades of pink were added to some of the larger flowers for a bit of glitz.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Check out the scramble schedule and join in!

Supplies:
Cardstock - Simon Says Stamp
Ink - Hero Arts Bubble Gum, Versa Mark
Stamps - All Hero Arts - CG516 Numbers Pattern, CG525 Tall Flowers, CL738 Messages with Flourish
White embossing powder
Hemptique pink cord
Sequins - Darice (bag of assorted colors)


3 comments:

joy said...

WOW! This turned out beautifully, Cat! I am amazed that you got it done so quickly. The tall flowers stamp is one of my favorites, too.

I never seem to be available for the scrambles; seems there is always something going on with family or other obligations.

Leslie Hanna said...

Whoa. Wow. I. Love. This. That is all.

Greta said...

Totally love this card, Cat! So sorry I had to work during the scramble, but I couldn't have matched this beauty!