Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Free is Good - SOS 179

The current challenge at Shopping our Stash is Free is Good - use something you got for free.  It runs through Monday, December 8th 2014 at 11:55 pm EST.



Along with a beautiful shaker card during a November card exchange, LaVon sent me some lovely die cuts, sequins and other bits in both Thanksgiving and Christmas themes. 

I am saving theThanksgiving for next year, but I had to use the super cute Merry Christmas die and the snowflake sequins to make a card right away. 

Fortunately I had a very close to the same shade of red cardstock to use as a card base. I added some pearls that were also free - from Simon Says Stamp and some Stampin Up Gems. The front panel was dry embossed with a Paper Source embossing folder-Holly Leaves.  I don't have the name or make of the Merry Christmas die cut or the sequins.


Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Aside from the FABULOUS card made with free stuff, I am (1) jealous that you can match reds, and (2) shocked that you can go into a Paper Source store and not buy out the whole place. Someone we know cannot be trusted withing 3 miles of the parent sheet section.

Oh, and thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Greta said...

Oh how beautiful, Cat!

Jean said...

Great combination of elements. I really like that embossing folder!