Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Birthday Peonies

I couldn't wait to get my hands on this stamp set by WPLUS9, called Peonies.  I love flowers and this one has such possibilities for lush blooms.  I confess this card took me almost 3 hours to finish.  I really had a tough time stamping the peony images, until I went to You Tube and watch the WPLUS9 video showcasing this set.  They are not meant to line up perfectly...that was my sticking point.  Once I saw that, I was able to stamp my blooms.   I fussy cut them, and then decided where to place them on the panel. Next I stamped  the stems and leaves.  Then I cut a glittery panel to mat the focal point.  I next used the WPLUS9 lattice die for another panel layer.  I attached the blooms and added some wink of stella for some shine.  The card was finished with a gold embossed birthday sentiment from SSS on vellum.


Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Martha said...

Cat, WOW, what a beauty this is!
I love the pretty flowers!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness, Cat--stunning card! I love the colors & that lattice die is the perfect background!

Cindy C. said...

Oh what pretty flowers Cat!
Thanks for leaving me the sweet comment and visiting my blog!

Barb Ghig said...

Your peonies are gorgeous, Cat! Thank heaven for the video :)
I love how you added sparkle, and your trellis background is just perfect! As always, your card is really beautiful!!!