Friday, September 26, 2014

September Card Chain Challenge

I signed up for the September Card Chain Challenge at Society of Stampaholics again this month.  I decided to use the color palette that Deborah suggested for one option of the card exchange. My card is going to my blogging friend Greta.
http://dominodebi.typepad.com/.a/6a00e550066280883301b8d060a0e6970c-pi
I water colored a piece of water color paper with Koi water colors.  Then I die cut it with Spellbinder deckled edge rectangles.  Next I die cut three SSS leaf columns, and coated them with Distress glitter in clear rock candy (I love this stuff).

My final die cut was the SSS bow in a nice olive green. The leaf columns were trimmed just a bit to fit on the panel, and the bow was added.  All was placed on an A2 sized card base using foam tape.  I did not add a sentiment, because it was fine just as a note card.

The photo is not perfectly in focus, but the upside is that you can see the sparkle from the glitter--and the bow almost looks velvety.

Think about signing up for the next challenge here.

I am adding this to the Simon Says Stamp Challenge #2 at their flickr group. The challenge runs until October 2nd.  I used the left to right diagonal in the tic tac toe options board. Tic-Tac-Toe! by Simon.Says.Stamp
Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

Really really pretty!

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS card, Cat! Your inked background is so pretty and I love all the sparkle on the leaf columns! Love the charming bow, too!

Monica Maier said...

Very pretty, I like how well it matches both challenges too. I'm hoping to participate with the tic tac toe theme too. Have a great weekend!

Leslie Hanna said...

SUPER background! Love those colors together.

Greta said...

I gasped when I opened this card, Cat--it is just stunning! Love the background & love the white glittered leaves! Thank you so much, my friend!

Dotty Jo said...

Totally gorgeous! Jo x