Friday, August 8, 2014

You're One of a Kind

I made a promise to myself...no more eye candy...blog reading...you tube watching...or lesson skimming until I caught up with my class homework.  So as I was hosting an online poker tournament this morning (requires a lot of waiting for things to happen) I caught up with my day 4 homework.

I loved Marion Vagg's tweed pattern background card, and I went with it.  I didn't have quite the die cut to go all bendy with the stamps, but I understand the theory of.  So, I so love this tweed pattern stamp by Hero Arts, I forget about it because it is stored in a box...I usually just flip through the clear and cling stamps when looking for something to use.  But I knew I had this one!

After stamping and clear embossing on white card, then inking up with distress inks - I used a baby wipe to make sure no inking was left on top of the embossing. Next I used  a lifestyle crafts die to cut my window. I left the die in place and put the inked panel over my black base, and traced the inside of the die to create a line frame inside the window (a fun trick with open center dies.)

I pieced together two stamps from two different Paper Smooches sets - Word Salad and Sentiment Sampler and heat embossed those in white.  I found a few enamel dots for embellishment, and then as Marion did, mounted the panel using foam tape. This was a fun card to make, and I love the pop of white on black surrounded by so much color.

It's Friday and hubs is taking me out for lunch, so off to get ready.  Later on...on to lesson five and all the blog and you tubing I have missed!  Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

vic said...

Gorgeous cat love the colourful paper and the stamp is lovely a great card :)

Vic x

joy said...

Great job with the background, Cat! I like the contrast of the black against the colors.

Monica Maier said...

Love the background pattern and colors!

Jean said...

Fabulous combination! Really great colors.

Greta said...

This is really gorgeous, Cat! You're so good to keep up on your homework. Someday I will actually finish the stencil class--LOL! How sweet of hubby to take you out to lunch!

Barb Ghig said...

Another gorgeous card, Cat! I love how you blended your inks, and your black sentiment tag is fabulous! You're doing a great job keeping up with your homework from class..Kudos to you!