Sunday, August 10, 2014

Thank you

http://onlinecardclasses.com/SYS2/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/SYS2_participant.pngIts going to be a 3 post Sunday...only because I am up so late Saturday night that it has turned into Sunday morning by the time I get these cards done.  So here is my Day 5 card, a complete CASE of Shari Carroll's card.  (Her artistic vision is so Awesome!)

When I was downloading the PDF for the class before watching the videos, the photo of her card really grabbed me.  I had to try it.

The stamps we are stretching for Lessons 5 and 6 are outline stamps.  Shari gave us a method of adding some wonderful dimension to flower stamps through paper piecing.

I used the Clearly Besotted Stamp set Fresh Flowers, and a sentiment from Avery Elle's Oh Happy Day set. My patterned paper was a left over scrap. Coloring was done with Derwent Intense pencils. Pearls are from Stampin up, and I used Smokey Grey ink from Versafine for the sentiment.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great use of the technique demonstrated by Shari in class, nice work!! :)

ThePurplePlace said...

Oh wow.....Now I love this one too! I loved seeing Shari's card and still have not tried her idea, but the more I see, the more I know I have to! She's fabulous and so is your card! Love it!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness, Cat--this is incredibly beautiful! I wish I'd taken the class just to see Shari's technique!

Barb Ghig said...

This is really FABULOUS, Cat! You did an amazing job CASE-ing Shari's idea...I love the papers, too!