Friday, August 1, 2014

Simple Thanks


 

Hi, it has been a busy summer so far with traveling and projects.  I made 31 cards in July...thanks mostly to card kits by Simon Says Stamp.  Now I am all caught up with the kits I had and won't have another for a while. 

I had time and decided to get some challenge cards made. It has been a while since I played along with Freshly Made sketches


When I saw the sketch, I  knew immediately what  I wanted to do.  My final card is pretty close to what was in my head so I am pleased with this simple card.

Now if I could just find a friend with a beach house to stay at --  this card would be the perfect thanks. (wink)



I skipped one layer, because I wanted to maintain an organic beach-y feel. The Kraft card reminds me of sand here.  I water-colored a piece of watercolor paper with Koi watercolors.

After it dried, I white heat embossed the shells from the Stampin Up By the Tide stamp set.  I cut the piece into three strips and atached them to the card front.

Next I added some white string and a softly glittered white shell brad from Michaels.  The thanks die cut is double stacked and from Simon Says Stamp.


Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Lin said...

What a great summer card, Cat! Love it!

joy said...

Gorgeous card, Cat! I love the blues and kraft - definitely a beach-y feel!!

Greta said...

Perfect card for that sketch, Cat! This is just beautiful & I love the shell embellishment!

Chris Dring said...

Wow! This is gorgeous!

Martha said...

OH MY...OH MY...this is absolutely GORGEOUS, Cat! You've used the sketch SO beautifully! I love the water-colored...white-embossed panels against the kraft cardstock, & the die-cut sentiment. The string and shell are the perfect finishing touches.
Beautifully done!

Jeanne H said...

Super pretty and well done card!

Unknown said...

Beautiful!

Cindy Hall said...

Those panels are so gorgeous! Love the colors, and the natural look that you've achieved with this beauty. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!