Monday, August 11, 2014

Rounded Diamonds...

http://onlinecardclasses.com/SYS2/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/SYS2_participant.pngAnother installment of homework for Stretch Your Stamps 2.  Lessons 7 and 8 are focused on graphic stamps.  The instructors are all using Avery Elle's Rounded Diamonds stamps.  I loved all of the examples and may try a couple more later.  I followed Laura Bassen's design, but opted to make a flower instead of a rainbow colored tear drop circle.

After making lots of  panels that ended up in the trash, I decided on a six petal flower, I wanted to use 5, but could not consistently get them to stay in a circle. Six worked fairly well.



I used Hero Arts inks in Soft Vanilla and Fresh Peach.  The image was created with the largest tear drop stamp in the Avery Elle set Rounded Diamonds; the sentiment is also from Avery Elle, the set is Oh Happy Day. Sequins are from Darice, and the seed beads are from Mode.  I added a couple of scrap strips of glitter paper from DCWV, and inked 2 strips with Fresh Peach to add some color matting.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

4 comments:

Laura Norris said...

I love this! Such a soft pretty flower! Great glitter paper too! Nice job.

Greta said...

Oh wow, Cat--this is fabulous! I love the look of your flower & the touches of glitter paper!

Kristi said...

This is beautifuk, Cat! Love the colors and stamping technique. Great bit of glam with the glitter! Love those AE sets, too!

Leslie Hanna said...

Another one nicely done! I've played with this one for days and I have a lot of pretty trash. Stamping is HARD!