Wednesday, August 13, 2014

More of Graphic Stamps

http://onlinecardclasses.com/SYS2/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/SYS2_participant.pngAlso known as Day 8 of Stretch Your Stamps 2.  My initial thought was that my card for day 7 more closely fit with the day 8 lesson, but I tried out something else anyway.  I liked the colors in Nichol Magouirk's card- shades of gray and yellow and used that as a jumping off place. 

It was going well until my die cut didn't cut well on the card front, I had a bit of a tear on the lower right one...but in the spirit of soldering on, I glued the two cut pieces together stamped some color on and popped it up over the torn area.  I quite like the way it turned out.



My inks were Hero Arts Inks in soft granite, charcoal,  and butterbar, as well as some white embossing powder. My sentiment is the Simon Says Stamp small hello die, and the sequins are Darice. The small center pearls are from Stampin Up, as is the crushed curry card base.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

5 comments:

Jameela said...

Love how you positioned those graphic stamps! And very clever how you fixed that tear :)

Kathy Palmer said...

This card pattern layout looks great! I like the pattern and die cuts. Great use of sequins too, sequin placement is always a challenge for me!

Lin said...

This is a fun design, Cat! Love those shapes and the colors together!

Leslie Hanna said...

Nice save! It's stunning.

Greta said...

Super neat card, Cat--I could just sit here staring at it!