Sunday, August 10, 2014

Caring and Encouragement

Yes, my third post for the day!  I played in Lisa's scramble today here is her blog post about the scramble and an "encouragement" challenge at A2Z Scrapbooking. I will be entering my card to the challenge.

Lisa gave us a specific recipe for the challenge :
Theme - Caring, Colors Teal & White plus one other color is optional. (you bet I added another color!)
There had to be matching bling, a Hero Arts Sentiment, and the main image or background had to be from Hero Arts as well.


I don't used my wood stamps that often because they are in a large pretty box on my shelf.  I decided to go through the box and pick a few out for the challenge.  I came up with S4878 Old Letter Writing for the background, C5372 Enjoy the Moments for my sentiment, K5586 Daisies for my main image. 


I also used Pale Tomato and  Tide Pool inks from Hero Arts, as well as white embossing powder and bling from the blush collection. 


I stamped and embossed the daisies on watercolor paper and then embossed in white. I colored the petals and leaves and added a soft wash of tidepool to the background.  As that dried, I stamped old letterwrting on some SU Coastal Cabana cardstock, matted it in white and then placed it on a Card base of the same Coastal Cabana.  The sentiment was heat embossed on thick vellum in white. My water color panel was mounted using foam tape, and the sentiment was attached with a bit of glue and some clear foam.

With such busy lives, I think we all need the encouragement to take a bit of time for ourselves.


Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

ThePurplePlace said...

Hi Cat - I am so happy that you were one of the lucky WINNERS at today's challenge! I hope you'll enjoy the prize from Hero Arts and want to also wish you good luck in this Challenge! I think its' great that you brought out the "oldie but goodie" stamp to use on the this card and also LOVE the added color you picked. Thanks so much for playing in the Scramble and also for joining the challenge!! You sure have had a busy blogging day! :)

Greta said...

Interesting challenge & I love your take on it, Cat! Congrats on the digi win!

Barb Ghig said...

I really love how your card turned out, Cat! The color combo is so pretty, and I'm so impressed with all the techniques you used in such a short period of time!
Thanks for playing along in the a2z Challenge!

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

That card is so awesome!! Thank you so much for playing with us at the a2z Challange!
xo Zoey