Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Blue and Gold

http://onlinecardclasses.com/SYS2/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/SYS2_participant.pngMy last effort for days 1 and 2...Backgrounds and Reverse Backgrounds.   Here is my version of Laura Sterckx's sweet ombre card. Hers was done in pinks and white embossing.  I could have gone that route...but I have this huge spool of gold thread...

The distress inks I used are Chipped Sapphire, Salty Ocean, and Tumbled Glass. I love the color that comes out when you mix the Salty Ocean into the Chipped Sapphire. I will have to remember that combination.

My background comes from Hero Arts - Magical. I love those dot swirls. Hero Arts is also the gold embossing power brand I used. The sequins come from Darice and Pretty Pink Posh. Sentiment is from W Plus 9.  I will have to catch up with two days of lessons tomorrow.

Thanks for taking a look!

4 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

I think the gold looks really fabulous with these shades of blue, and your swirly background is so cool! Awesome card, Cat!

Greta said...

I never use that background stamp, but now I'm digging it out! LOVE this card, Cat!

Leslie Hanna said...

This is REALLY pretty!

Darnell said...

Have I ever had a marvelous journey from your front door back to here, Cat! Thank you for sharing all your incredible homework from the class. You are an A+ student and I've learned a lot!! Hugs, Darnell