Saturday, August 2, 2014

A new to ME challenge

I have a card for a new to me challenge, the Mama Elephant and me challenge. I couldn't resist the challenge watercolor plus birthday.  I still love to play with watercolors, so this was a fun challenge for me. It runs through August 28th, 2014.

 


I started with a piece of Canson 140 cold press water color paper.  I taped it down, wet it pretty good with a misting bottle, then added a wash of soft blue from my set of Koi watercolors.  Then I added a periwinkle and some soft lavendar strokes to give a striped feel.  While that dried, I added some diagonal lines to my card base with Hero Arts Cornflower blue ink and a stamp from the Mama Elephant set Basic Borders. 



Once my panel was dry I heat embossed the main image from the Mama Elephant set Water Blooms. I added a small strip of glitter paper from DCWV. Other embellishments include Hero Arts pearls, and Pretty Pink Posh sequins.  My sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp.

I am also linking this up to Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything goes.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Lin said...

What gorgeous vibrant colors, Cat, this turned out really beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Gorgeous colours Cat!

Anonymous said...

WOW, Your background is incredible it totally pops! So glad you could join us at Mama Elephant & Me!

joy said...

Beautifully done, Cat! I love the white popping against these pretty colors!!

BTW, I love your new blog header, too!!

Jean said...

Fabulous card - great use of that stamp set!

Greta said...

Oh what a beauty! This will bring a big smile to the recipient, Cat!