Saturday, July 26, 2014

Pastels and Black

This afternoon, I participated in my beloved Hero Arts Scramble. Judy was our hostess and provided us a theme of pastels with a touch of black.  She provided 3 sample cards, one of which had some black gingham ribbon. That bit of ribbon got my creative juices going. 

I looked through my stamps and picked out an older set from Hero Arts - AC005 Untitled Word Shadow. they are circular shadow stamps-meaning most of the image is the cutout on the stamp.  For my background I picked CG211 Magical Background.  I love dots as much as I love gingham.

I couldn't decide which of the round stamps I wanted to used there are 5 or 6 them.  I have 4 rolls of gingham ribbon, so I picked out three of the stamps and three shades of ink that might be considered pastels (I am a bold color gal normally) and went to work.  I cannot believe I got all three done and posted in 90 minutes.  Lately it has taken me almost that amount of time for just one card.

A blogging friend Barb takes such beautiful pictures of her gorgeous cards, and has inspired me to work on my card photos.  So I retook my card pictures from the scramble, added a little staging and a background with some pop, but not I hope enough to overwhelm the cards. I inked and clear embossed some wood veneer pieces for the little bit of something in the foreground.

 


I made the green one first and it is my favorite, then the pink and blue. I admit I fell in love with these cards and they now hang above my workspace on the wall strung between some flower clusters. I'll have to figure out something for the two open spaces...

Thanks so much for stopping by!

1 comment:

Greta said...

I absolutely adore these cards, Cat! What a great idea to hang them on your wall!