Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Amazing Birthday in Watercolor

I still reach for the watercolors when I need to make a card.  This birthday card was a lot of fun to make, and the watercolor panel, looked kinda meh when it was wet, but I absolutely am thrilled with it dry. I love this Simon Says Stamp set, its a wonderful big birthday wish!

After water coloring the panel with Koi water colors and heat gun drying it, the sentiment was stamped with smokey grey versafine ink and heat embossed with clear powder. The patterned paper was left over from a Simon Says Stamp card kit. The flower is from Michaels, and the twine and button were a gift.  I popped up the center panel after matting it in black.

I am entering it in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge -Emboss it.


Thanks for stopping by!


6 comments:

joy said...

LOVE this card, Cat! The watercolor panel is so pretty and the sentiment looks striking against it! Hope all is well with you.

vic said...

This is gorgeous cat love the colours and the greeting looks fab :)

Vic x

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Cat, so pretty and such lovely Summer colours.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous water colored background, Cat! I love all the different shades of yellow, and how your sentiment pops! Really beautiful card!

Greta said...

I love making the sentiment the focal point & love how you did it for this beautiful card! Great job, Cat!

Martha said...

Cat, this is another beautiful card!
I love everything about it!