Sunday, March 23, 2014

Hello Rainbow



I have really been enjoying the challenges over at Muse.  This week's challenge might be one of my favorites. I love color.  When I looked at it, I immediately though rainbow. Now I realize not all the colors are there, but I had a quirky idea.  That's how I got to this card:
I used the Simon Says stamp rainbow stencil, with embossing paste, dumped rock candy dry glitter on it and actually LET IT DRY OVERNIGHT!  I am usually far too impatient for that. I cut strips of colors similar to Marion's card and then die cut my "hello" with MFT's Highrise Uppercase Alpha dies. I stacked them 5 layers thick, then added Wink of Stella in clear, and topped it all off with a coating of glossy accents.

Here is Marion Vagg's fantastic inspiration card.

Thanks for stopping by.  There is still time to play in this challenge, it closes Monday at 8 am eastern US time.

3 comments:

Ardyth said...

This was an idea that ran through my mind (the striped letters) Love the shine and dimension (and the sparkle on that rainbow! Thanks so much for joining us at Muse this week!

Arlene said...

A great fun card!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a fun take on this week's challenge, Cat! I love your sparkly rainbow and that you chose a 'rainbow' of colors for your shiny alphas! So clever, and fabulous on a black background!