Friday, March 28, 2014

Card Chain Challenge for March

I signed up to send my March card to Deborah, the owner of the card chain challenge.  Now we participants send her a photo of our cards each month before we mail them to their recipients.  I was a bad girl, I sent Deborah a sneak peek of her card, and wanted to wait a bit before sending the whole picture. I wanted her to also experience the surprise and anticipation of receiving an unknown card.

I hope she likes the card.  I went with the option of using a stencil.  I covered it with embossing paste, and put some rose gold glitter on the leaves.  I then heated it.  After it had cooled, I covered it with versamark and some clear embossing powder...some of the rose gold glitter escaped, and flecked the whole card.  At first I was dismayed...but after looking at it a few minutes, I actually loved the look. I clear embossed it a few more times, and it has the look of a glazed tile with the raised leaves.  I "framed" this with a piece of embossed cardstock secured with foam tape and added some pre-made  recollection roses and seam binding ribbon to the corner.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

2 comments:

Lin said...

WOW, what a beauty, Cat! I'm sure that Deborah is thrilled to have this!

Barb Ghig said...

This card turned out beautifully, Cat! I love all the sparkle on the leaves and your roses are gorgeous! I love how you dyed the ribbon, too! I'm sure Deborah is swooning over this card...seriously!!!