Thursday, February 13, 2014

Round Heart

This bit of pink and glittery goodness was so much fun to make.  It all started with that circle scrap in the center.  I found it to be a perfect fit for the center of a Spellbinder Die with hearts around it. 


I cut 3 hearts from memory box's precious hearts, lopped the bows off of two of them.  I ran them through my little Xyron sticker maker and then dumped Distress Glitter in clear rock candy over them. Wow love that look.  Next I decided the bigger circle need to sparkle too.  I used some Be Creative adhesive sheet on white card, cut the die, then peeled back the liner paper from the die cut and dunked it into the glitter.  A piece of pink AC Cardstock was dry embossed with a Cuttlebug swiss dot embossing folder.  To cover my almost but not quite seamless joining of the three hearts, I used a glittered pink heart brad. I couldn't bear to put a sentiment on the front, so that is going on the inside.

I am entering this in a new to me challenge, the card concept. Challenge #3 is Monochromatic pink.  The style on this card is either clean and layered or classy and elegant. I'm still a bit new to the styles and haven't quite found mine yet. They have the styles defined at their blog, it makes for informative reading.

Below is a close up of the glittered bits.
Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Kerin said...

Mmmmm glitter! I love all things sparkly and this one is no exception!! Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

Barb Ghig said...

What a gorgeous card, Cat! I love the bold pink pattern on your circle and your dotted background is so pretty! Best of all is the 'glittery goodness' you added to this card...It's just amazing!

Jean said...

This is lovely and the glitter is the perfect accent.

Cathy Weber said...

Ohhh...that is what I said to myself as I zoomed in nice and close to catch all the glittery details! Love the glittered hearts and that great hot pink color!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love your die cut and all the glitter! Thank you so much for joining us at the Card Concept!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Wow! You do glitter very well! Love your sparkly hearts! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Card Concept!

Greta said...

How did I miss a pink card?! Oh I love this beauty, Cat! I just got the distress glitter & never think to use my Xyron for the adhesive--thanks for the reminder!