Friday, December 20, 2013

silver and blue

I went to some old Hero Art stamp sets to make this card.  I used a Stampin Up blue cardstock, then heat embossed snowflakes from two sets, in silver and white.  I stamped the larger ones first added the silver powder  but did not heat them. 

Then I added the smaller and poured the white over.  Some of the white embossing powder landed and stuck to the silver powdered flakes. Once melted I like the look on the mixed flakes.  

I heat embossed the snowman in silver as well, and the greeting in white.  A length of white velvet ribbon and its finished.  

The card is soft, fun and playful.  Have a wonderful holiday season, thanks for stopping by.

 Edited to add - Submitting to Die Cut Diva's Holiday's and Celebrations.

3 comments:

Arlene said...

I have that snowman and just love him. I made loads of tags last year with him. Still using some for presents this year. He looks just great here on your card with his smiling face.

So glad you entered this into the Die Cut Divas challenge at http://die-cut-divas.blogspot.co.nz/2013/11/lets-celebrate.html.

Greta said...

One of my favorite cards, Cat! I didn't even use my velvet ribbon this year & I love it!

Barb Ghig said...

I love the technique you used to emboss your snowflakes! Such a gorgeous card!