Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Boy and Girl Holiday Cards

http://onlinecardclasses.com/hcw13/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/HCW13_participant.png It is almost over, and I have so enjoyed this class. I really appreciated having 1 day between lessons. I did not feel so rushed with my homework. 

I made two very similar cards. I changed colors, cut out shapes, and sentiment fonts to lean a bit more to the feminine or the masculine. The long die cut on the boy's card had all the hearts removed and replaced with star shapes.  The girl's card I removed 1 start shape and replaced it with a heart.  

What do you think? Is one more boyish than girly?



Thanks for stopping by!

Dies by Memory Box, Sizzix, Spellbinders
Hero Arts Embossing Powders
Versamark Ink
Stampin Up and Hero Arts Sentiments



8 comments:

Kristi said...

These are both so cute, Cat! Glad to hear you are enjoying your class,it looks like fun! I think the heart card does look more girly,probably the gorgeous hearts and the scalloped heart lend a more feminine feel!

Unknown said...

i LOVE those border dies! SO CUTE!

Karinska said...

super cute cards!

Martha said...

Awwhh, these are just so adorably sweet, Cat!
I think they could both go either way.

Sure looks like you had lots of fun doing your homework for this class.

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you made each of these cards so special, Cat! Great idea to add stitched lines around the star and scallops around the heart...perfect for each gender!

Greta said...

Absolutely--the blue one is more boyish & both are great! Love these, Cat!

Unknown said...

Love the border dies and colors you picked. Nailed it regarding His or Hers.

Heather T said...

These are such cool looking cards. I love the brightness of white and a bold colour and the clever design you could tweek for any occasion.