Sunday, November 3, 2013

200th Post and some Blog Candy

It is fitting that my 200th post shows my latest Hero Arts Scramble card.  I joined the Hero Arts group in March of 2012, participating in my first scramble.  The ladies of the group were all so very kind and encouraging that I eventually began writing this blog.  I have "met" more card/craft bloggers through this endeavor and it really has been wonderful to interact with so many talented, creative and genuinely nice women.

Here is my card for the scramble, our parameters were snowflake, blue (and neutrals) and make it a tag card(shape).



I am not quite ready for Winter/Holiday crafting yet, so I choose a cheeky sentiment. I used stormy sky distress ink on a white tag which had been dry embossed with a sizzix folder. I colored the tops of some of the embossed bumps with a white gel pen.  My Hero Arts snowflakes were embossed with white Hero Arts embossing powder on black cardstock to make them stand out. I also heat embossed the sentiment and die cut letters.

As a celebration of my 1 year of blogging (September) and my 200th post I have some blog candy. Please leave a comment let me know what you like most about blogging...or just surfing blogs.  I will pick 2 people from the comments submitted through 11:59PM EST Friday 11-8-13, for the blog candy. (I will ship internationally.) I will post winners on Saturday 11-9-13.

I extend my heartfelt thanks to those of you that stop by to visit and to those that take time to leave me such encouraging comments.



13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love seeing your designs. U know i love your cards. Since you are miles away now looking at your cards keeps us connected with u & ur hubs. Julie A.

joy said...

What a sweet tag, Cat! I love blue and I love snowflakes - a perfect combination.

Blogging is a great way to make new friends, get lots of inspiration and also stretch my limited creativity. There are so many talented gals out there in blogland and I love seeing what they do with the same stamps, dies and supplies we all have. Congrats on your 200th post!!

Amy McCue said...

I love the inspiration I get from blog surfing. I always learn something new.

Greta said...

Congrats, Cat! Loved your unique tag when I saw it for the scramble--very creative! My favorite thing about blogging is making friends who share my love of cardmaking. A few years ago I would not have believed you could become friends with people you never see, but boy was I wrong!

Betty said...

congrats on your 200th post - loved your entry for the scramble - very creative - and also so fun that your post was for my first scramble.

Chark said...

great idea for the sentiment and snowflake. First time here, but I love my HA peeps--so creative--so I'll be back. I love seeing how people do things differently than I do. I'm not great at shabby chic or graphic/geometrical (is that a word?) so it's cool to see it done well.

ThePurplePlace said...

Congrats Cat! I am very excited to be a part of that same wonderful group and also totally LOVE the Scrambles! This tag is awesome and I also want to wish you a very Happy Blog Anniversary!! Keep up the great work!!

Kim M said...

What a lovely tag card! Congrats on your first year of blogging! Fun isn't it? I love connecting with like minded crafty people and blogging really helps with that. :-). Here's to another fun year!

Kailash said...

Congrats Cat on your 200th post and first year of blogging, may you achieve lots more success in the years ahead! Even though I don't have my own blog, this craft allows for making of so many friends. That's very special:-)!

Kailash said...

Congrats Cat on your 200th post and first year of blogging, may you achieve lots more success in the years ahead! Even though I don't have my own blog, this craft allows for making of so many friends. That's very special:-)!

Barb Ghig said...

Hi Cat! Congrats on your 200th post! I must say that I echo your feelings about the HA Flickr group and all the really sweet girls I've met there! If not for their encouragement, I would never have started my blog as well, and I am really enjoying it! A blog is such a great place to share your creations and stay in touch with crafty friends, which I think is my favorite part :-)

I love how you created a 'shadow' for your snowflakes and your embossed background is perfect for your tag! Love your clever sentiment, too!

Also, I wanted to thank you for your suggestion to call Silhouette...Great idea! In fact, I will do that today, and who knows, maybe it will work out :-)

Kristi said...

Happy 200th post! Sorry I'm so late to the party! Your tag is very cute! Love how it's a card too! I don't think I've ever seen one like that!

Sally said...

Beautiful tag card, Cat! Congrats on your 200th Blog Post and first year of blogging - that is quite an achievement! So happy for you!