Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Scrambling...Mixing

Sunday I played in Linda's Scramble. We were given instructions to mix one non-Hero Arts stamp with a Hero Arts stamp on our project.  We were given the usual 90 minutes to create, photograph and upload to the Flickr Group.
I ended up making two cards, very different styles of cards.

My first card is for my Dad, he's heading out on vacation for a bit. I always need practice with the manly cards so I used this opportunity. I combined a newsprint background stamp from Impression Obsession with a vintage-y set from Hero Arts, as well as a second Hero Arts set for the sentiment and banner. Spellbinder dies, versamark inks, white embossing powder and SU patterned paper were used as well.
My second card is for a friend of mine, who I like to surprise with cards now and again. She and I were co-workers and she is still plugging away.  I kinda decided to look at my stamps from a new perspective.  I used a very large Dahlia stamp from Stampendous and stamped it in a light gold on cream paper to use as a background.  Then some bright blue ink with another flower and sentiment on top of it. No masking, just layered stamping. The etched flower and sentiment were Hero Arts products. The ink is versafine and the sequin are from Darice.  I really fell in love with the second card.  It may just have to become my standard thank you card for a while! I will definitely make more in this vein.
Have you participated in a scramble or timed challenge?  They are fun and there is no time for second guessing yourself. Sometimes I find that very helpful.  Sometimes I really NEED to take another look! LOL.  Thanks for stopping by.



 /\  /\
(=';'=)
(")_(")~

1 comment:

Greta said...

I missed the scramble--need to write down the schedule. Love your cards, especially the last one. Great way to use large stamps & I have some, so you've inspired me!