Wednesday, July 17, 2013

2nd week 3 Days of Homework



 http://onlinecardclasses.com/summercardcamp2/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/SCC2_participant1.png

I finally got around to doing some homework this week.  I anxiously awaited Monday's reveal of colors and sketches and I saw great sketches and brown, greens, blue and cream. Not my favorite set of colors. Hubs would love it, but me I am more into the reds, yellows, and pinks.  Naturally I put off making cards until today.  

Once I started with the cards, I was really enjoying the colors...so just jump in you might surprise yourself.

Week2 Day 1 - This day was about the sketches. I decided to follow Kristina Werner's Circle card. I switched up the colors a little but stuck with cream, brown, green, lighter green and aqua. The center of the card is heat embossed on water color paper to create a resist pattern. I used Hero Arts stamps for both the resist and the sentiment. White embossing powder (mine is a bit off white) and then vellum over the front for the sentiment. I added some dark green twine to the sentiment, I believe the training piece had natural colored twine. This was the second card I made today. I had to ease into the colors.

Week 2 Day 2 - Embossing Techniques. I decided to try the tone on tone clear embossing. I used a stamp and die set from Simon Says Stamp. They are a bit hard to see but I have some swirls clear embossed on the cream cardstock. Green sequins were added for the flower centers.  I made this card last, and it is by far my favorite of the three. The picture does no justice to how cute these flowers are with their shiny centers.


 

Week 2 day 3 we were back to the sketches.  I chose a very simple one. This is actually the card I made first to get into the swing of the colors.  Papers are DCWV. Sentiment is from Hero Arts, flowers are Dress it Up Flats.


What are your favorite colors to work with? 

Thanks for stopping by.



 /\  /\
(=';'=)
(")_(")~





No comments: