Thursday, March 14, 2013

Hello Spring

Last Saturday I participated in another scramble over at the Hero Arts Flickr group.  Ninety minutes to create, execute, photograph and upload your finished card to the scramble thread.

Linda hosted it and the theme was embossing. The scramblers could choose heat embossing or dry embossing. I chose the heat embossing. It is one of my favorite things to do. I always feel like a mad scientist watching that embossing powder melt into the stamp image.

There are so many bouquets in the grocery stores right now with dyed daisies.  So I did something similar. I stamped and embossed the daisies in white randomly across my cardstock. 

Next I picked out 3 distress inks; peeled paint, tumbled glass, and dusty concord.  I began applying the inks with an ink blending tool, one color at a time. Once I had all my areas colored, I went in again to deepen some of the colors.  



The resulting piece was cut down, matted in yellow, wrapped with yellow grosgrain ribbon and adheared to a charcoal card base.

The sentiment was stamped in charcoal shadow ink on yellow cardstock, then fussy cut and attached to the corner.

I wanted to add just another bit of girly bling, so the three main daisies got pearly centers. 

The picture really doesn't do justice to the card.  It really is pretty, even Hubs thought so. He's not one for superlatives when describing things. A Libra he is and the middle he likes.  

This stamp is currently my obsession, you'll see more cards next week.


Thanks for stopping by.
 /\  /\
(=';'=)
(")_(")~~Cat


Ink: Versamark, Distress Inks, Hero Arts Shadow Ink
Stamp: Hero Arts F5741, CL493
Cardstock: Hero Arts Charcoal Card base, Stampin Up Whisper White, The Paper Company
Embellishment: Pearls - Queen n Co
Embossing: Tsunekinko White
Fiber: American Crafts
Card Size:4.25 by 5.5 inches

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Very pretty! I love the ink treatment and white embossing. The colors are so yummy and happy!

sheza said...

Pretty! Pretty! Love the colors.