Thursday, January 17, 2013

Layered Thank You

I'm still in my vellum mood.  I received my exchange card yesterday from my friend in California.  She sent me a lovely layered card using patterned papers.  I am sure there is another name for these cards, but it escapes me.  I decided to try something similar but using a stamp and embossing it.  

The time consuming thing about this is all the dimensions involved. I started out with the card base, and subtracted partial inches from that until I had the 6 nested layer dimensions.  Then I made my cuts. The vellum layers were temporarily attached to one another, then stamped and heat embossed. While it cooled, I put together my sentiment strip, die cutting, stamping and heat embossing.

I do not buy colored embellishments anymore.  I dye them or in this case, I used a silver brad, got it nice and warm with the heat tool, then dipped it into my white embossing powder.  I also put the heat tool to it to smooth it out.

Lastly, all the layers were put together, the sentiment strip attached then the whole stack added to the card base. 

Thanks for stopping by.
 /\  /\
(=';'=)
(")_(")~~Cat


Ink: Versamark
Die: Spellbinders
Stamp: Hero Arts CL582, CG179
Cardstock: Core' dinations clear translucent, DCWV Shimmer
Embellishment: Making Memories -Heat embossed silver brads
Embossing: Tsukineko 04-white
Card Size: 4.25 x 5.5




3 comments:

Kristi said...

Wow! This is pretty! I'm with you on the colored embllishments: I like to color mine with Copics.

Lin said...

Beautiful effect, Cat! I just used this stamp yesterday, too :)) Love this shade of pink!

MS said...

Lovely! I love this look, totally gorgeous!