Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A Start on Gifts


I succumbed to the Stamp sale last Monday at Stampin Up. Today they arrived. Play time. I made this set of cards, which will find their way under a friend's Christmas Tree.

The set I used is a sentiment set called Word Play. I chose 6 of the 12 sentiments for the set.  I found some patterned paper, a bit of ribbon and some stamping, embossing, and sponging.  I liked appearance of white outlines/borders on the flowers on this patterned paper, and used spellbinder dies so that I could emulate the white border with the  sentiment pieces.

I decided a coordinating box would round things out well.  Without a pattern, I managed to pull it off using one 12x12 and one 8.5 x11 sheet.  I am a bit impatient, and rarely read instructions...unless its Ikea Furniture...but that is another story entirely!

Thanks for stopping by.

 /\  /\

(=';'=)

(")_(")~~Cat

2 comments:

sheza said...

Cute cards. Love the box.

MS said...

Love that set & perfect box!!! Nice play time!